Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

A couple of good days...

Thursday was a very productive day...
       the house got cleaned (which I hate doing! but love the results...but with two kids, it never lasts! :),
       the laundry was almost all caught-up by the end of the day...also something I rarely see the end of...
       the casserole carrier was assembled, is now just waiting to be quilted, bound and handles added...
       a bib for Amber cut out to practice on for the FMQ Challenge...
       and two cute pin cushions were made...

Here is a picture of the casserole carrier at it's present state, which will be completed and used tomorrow (I hope!).
 
I was going to use this project as a FMQ Challenge piece, however, I've decided to do some regular quilting on this project and do more 'practice' pieces for the FMQ Challenge.

The two pin cushions were so quick and a fun project...I'm thinking about submitting a tutorial request for them to Moda Bake Shop...so you'll have to check back to see if this occurs and to see the cushions.

On to today, Friday...and my FMQ Project on my first day...

After a morning of sleeping in (if 7:20 counts), the reading of a few blogs, getting the girls ready, and a blog post... the family was off to town, where the first stop was the sewing store to purchased my darning foot, and I couldn't resist...I also purchased 2 Fat Quarters (their in the picture above the bib). Once we returned home from town, I was able to begin my FMQing with my new sewing machine foot.

WOW! I didn't think it would be this awkward. My first piece was this bib for Amber.
Here is a closer look at the quilting...
Sorry for the bad lighting.
And then I finished it by adding bias tape to the edge...
My FMQing is a bunch of lines, squiggles and bad loops...and one meager attempt at a flower. I'm going to continue my practicing on another bib, the oversized mug rug, and possibly, before the end of the 2 week challenge, a grocery bag dispenser. I've decided to do quilting I'm a little more familiar with - which will probably include my walking foot - on the casserole carrier, since it will be seen in public :) !

I am looking forward with anticipation to the progress I make during the Free Motion Quilting Challenge...especially since I've never FMQed before in my life!

Still reflecting on the events and reason we now have Easter...

And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said,
Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit:
and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.
Luke 23:46
When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar,
he said, It is finished:
and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.
John 19:30

Have a wonderful weekend...updates continuing!
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...