Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Friday, June 24, 2011

A Bake Sale and Dinner...

Yesterday, I was busy in the kitchen getting items baked for a Bake Sale we are having in conjunction with a Garage Sale to raise funds for the kids at church to go to camp...which is quickly approaching!

Pie is one of the things I like to make...but lately my favorite crust recipe is not working very well and I haven't found a replacement that I really want to try. So, if anyone has a great crust recipe they would like to share, I'd definitely try it!

So these ingredients...
pie crust
strawberries & apples

Turned into these...
I know they're square, but the store didn't have round throw away pie plates!

Then, I thought homemade bread would go well, so this...

Turned into these... two white and two cinnamon...
and dinner... two pizza crusts...
I thought I'd share my dough recipe. It is one of two that I use for white bread dough, which can be used for a bunch of things.

White Bread

2 pkgs dry yeast
3/4 cup warm water
2 2/3 cups warm water
1/4 cup sugar
3 Tablespoons butter or shortening
1 Tablespoon salt
9 to 10 cups of flour

Dissolve yeast in 3/4 cup of warm water.
Stir in rest of water, sugar, salt, butter, and 5 cups of flour.
Beat (by hand) until smooth.

Mix in enough remaining flour to make dough easy to handle. Knead till smooth and elastic.

Cover in bowl and place in a warm area to rise for an hour.

Punch down. Divide into 3 sections and shape into loaves.
{This would be where you decide what you want to make...like cinnamon bread, sweet rolls, dinner rolls, pizza dough, etc...}
Cover and allow to rise an hour.

Bake at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes (or until hollow sounding). Remove from pans and spread top with butter. Yeild: 3 loaves

Enjoy your fresh homemade bread!

If you browse over to these wonderful linky parties that I'm linking with today, you'll have many hours inspiration awaiting your viewing pleasure!
{wow me} Wednesday at Ginger Snap
It's a Hodgepodge Friday at It's a Hodgepodge Life
Weekend Showoff Party at Ladybird Lane


And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger,
and fed thee with manna, which thou knowest not,
neither did thy fathers know;
 that he might make thee know that man
doth not live by bread only,
 but by every word that proceedeth
 out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live.
Deuteronomy 8:3

We need to be sure to read our Bible and be fed spiritually...This is something I'm working on!

Have a happy weekend...attend church on Sunday :) !!
Amanda

4 comments:

  1. I love making homemade bread! I try to make it once a week so that we have bread for toast each morning.
    You've certainly been busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy!!! I think I am going to have to try your bread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHHHHHHHHHHHH please come and bake for me...love your blog..glad to be a new follower too

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is nothing better than homemade bread! These look delicious! THanks for showing off on my blog!

    Carlee
    www.ladybirdln.com

    ReplyDelete

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...