Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Emily's Pillow and Some Balloons...

Today, I'm linking up a pillow for the Pillow Fight for a Cause at Ladybird Lane. 
Ladybird Ln
 My pillowcase will be mailed today and I want to share a pillow I made in February.


This pillow was made for Emily, a young girl at our church. She had a high fever for weeks and the doctors were unsure what was wrong, so she has having alot test done and the day after I made this for her, she was having a bone marrow test for Leukemia. The church and her family are very thankful to God that she does not have cancer... They finally narrowed down to Cat Scratch Fever. She was treated and is now fine and doing very well!

I made this pillow very soft...it is fleece with flannel applique. I cut out the shapes, sewed them to the front panel, then sewed the two panels together three inches from the edges...leaving a hole for stuffing :) ... then I stuffed it and sewed up the hole. The edges were then cut into inch strips and then two were tied together.

It was fun to make and turned out as soft as I hoped!

This past weekend we attended the Thurston Classic...it seems to have become a Father's Day tradition. It's a beautiful display of hot air balloons...I hope you enjoy some pictures.


It was a beautiful night with very light winds...so the balloons hovered a little just above us which helped get some great pictures. Hope you liked them!


Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God,
that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day,
and having done all, to stand.
Ephesians 6:13

Standing for God takes leaning on Him to give you the strength and to work the good from it.
Amanda

NOTE: The three opportunities to join me in Pay-It Forward are still available. Check out the Will you Participate Post and join the fun! This will be the last time I mention it and if I do not get any responses by Thursday, I'll be withdrawing myself from the 'swap'.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely pillow and lovely blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet soft pillow, thank yo so much for joining the Pillow Fight!!

    Carlee
    www.ladybirdln.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute soft pillow!! Great job. You have such a nice blog I think I will explore for a while.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...