Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 2 - Monday Ministry...

Welcome to the second day of The First 25 Days of 2012.  It's Monday, so I'm going to share a minisrty with you...my church - Open Door Baptist Church. The website has all the essential details, like the times we meet, where we are located, our doctrinal statement, sermons to listen to, and other things like that. So, since that it is already covered, I'm going to share some of the things that make a church more personal.
Open Door Baptist Church
I started attending this small country church in 2002...Chad started attending with me in 2003 and we were married here on a beautiful July afternoon in 2004. We love our church! It is a big part of our lives and we try to do whatever we can to help out to further the ministries of the church.

The church has many yearly functions that are looked forward to and are enjoyed by our great church family. A Valentine's banquet, summer picnics, VBS, junior and teen camp with Commonground Baptist Ministries (which will be covered later this month), a harvest party, our church Christmas party, and the New Year's Eve game night are just some of the awesome things we do at church.

The church is also home to Open Door Baptist Academy, a K - 12, ACE school. There are 13 students enrolled this year. I am able to volunteer my time once a week to help the kids with the questions they have on their work and to enrich their lives. As Amber gets a little older..and less distracting :) I hope to resume helping two days a week. Lizzy will be attending school here for Kindergarden this fall, I can't beleive she's getting so big!

I love that my girls can grow-up with freinds that they can attend church and school with. The people at our church are wonderful!

Come see for yourself :) The church also has a Facebook page. Stop by sometime, either in person or virtually, and see what's happening...we'd love to have you!


I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot:
I would thou wert cold or hot.
Revelation 3:15

As we serve in our church we need to remember that is a service to the LORD. We need to remain on fire for God...or do nothing at all. To quote from a 'classic' movie...Marila tells Anne "God does not want a fair weather friend." He wants our total affection, all the time... which He deserves for giving us the greatest gift...salvation.

Serve fervently...
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...