Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Finished by Friday...

So today's Finish it up Friday was a real push for me to get a project done that I first spotted and decided to make on Monday. It took all week to make these :)
On Monday I saw this pin...
Fun matching (tangram) game/puzzle for the kids
and I decided that they would be really nice to make for the girls. However, I chose to make a fewer number of squares and made the squares slightly bigger...yet they still took all week :) even though once worked on, they weren't hard and didn't take a long time...it was just a thing of finding the time!

Tonight, I finally finished this puzzle game thing...still not exactly sure what it is, but I figure that I should make something fun for the girls, they can make up their own games, and I can always use the squares to help in teaching them to count :)
So, I made 20. They were cut at 5" (4.75") from the material...then once finished, they are 3 3/4" square. (Also, different from the tutorial, I sewed up the opening on my machine with a small zigzag stitch...not much for sewing things shut by hand!)

I like the size they turned out and I think that 20 will be plenty to have to try and find throughout the house! The back of five received fun animals...
I think the girls will enjoy :) 

Thanks Amanda Jean for pushing me to get these done! I should be able to link up with a few minutes to spare... I'll also be adding these to some of the other linky parties listed on the right side bar.

Today's fun picture...
She's adorable and getting over her cold, yeah! She loves helping with the laundry and dished...and she's only one! Now, for her to just keep liking to help :)


And let us not be weary in well doing: 
for in due season we shall reap, 
if we faint not.
Galatians 6:9

Some days it doesn't take much for me to get weary and tired, but these are those kind of words that need to be said and repeated. I have known this, probably all my life, but it still need to be refreshed in me that the things we do have a consequence, either good or bad...and even the small things... so sometime we just need to take time to consider the things we do and what we may reap from them.

Amanda


2 comments:

  1. That is a clever project! The animals sure make it fun and cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your project and your tender words of encouragement! We all grow weary, guess that's why God just gives us just one moment at a time to live!

    Hugs for central PA!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...