Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Showing Appreciation...

It is usually very enjoyable to be invited to someone's home for dinner (or even just dessert) to fellowship together as friends. Typically, I don't take a hostess gift, nor do I expect one from anyone coming to my house...they are invited just for us all to enjoy each other's company.


However, annually we try to have a progressive dinner for the youth activity at church, so for the past couple years I've decide to take a hostess gift to those that take the time to prepare food for a bunch of kids that are going to eat & run. This year it was these mugs filled with various hot drink packets.


There was one mug given per stop...
The contents included
     1 - Hot Chocolate Mix Packet
     1 - Hot Apple Cider Mix PAcket
     1 - English Breakfast Tea Bag
     1 - Chai Tea Bag
     1 - Earl Grey Tea Bag
     3 - Creme de Pirouline Dark Chocolate Cookie Wafers
     1 - Filter of Coffee (for 1-12 cup pot of coffee)
     1 - Sugar in the Raw Packet (1 Tablespoon serving size)
     1 - Mug :)

Everything was prepackaged...except 3 items: the cookies, which I just divided into sandwich baggies, the coffee, which I put in a filter than wrapped in a baggie; and the sugar, which was the crafty part of the gift. I took a section of parchment paper and folded it in half and sewed up the sides. Then I filled it with the sugar, folded the open edge over twice, and then poked a hole with an Xacto knife to put the snowflake brad through to hold it closed. I really liked how those looked :)

These were easy to make up and could easily be kept on hand for quick hostess gifts to give out, if that is something you enjoy doing... and it seems like it might be more prevalent to do at holiday time, which is quickly approaching. They would also make great gifts too! They were fairly reasonable in price, especially if you get the mugs at a dollar store. However, the price could quickly climb if the mug and content are "upgraded" to more gourmet items. They can be easily customized if you know the person you are gifting it to likes a particular kind of hot drink.

Personally, I think they are a great gift because who doesn't like a new mug?! Not to mention, I drink a ton of hot beverages, especially in cooler weather.

Would you enjoy getting this as a gift?


"Use hospitality one to another without grudging. As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God."

~ 1 Peter 4:9-10 ~

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...