Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Farmland Bunting for a Fair VBS...

Today was the beginning of VBS at our church and I'm in charge of crafts...this is hard for me because I'm not much of a teacher when it comes to crafts...I'm more of a doer!
But it went well...today they started their week long project of planting seeds in a egg carton planter and they made a bookmark. Hopefully the rest of the week goes as well!

The theme is "Come to the Fair" and we have all kinds of farm/craft decorations, including the Farmland bunting for the sanctuary. I finished it on Saturday afternoon... so here it is...
Here is a closer picture of it hanging in our bedroom/my craft room before taking it to church...
Don't mind the exposed light bulb...it was the only light fixture in the house when we bought it...well, other than a hittius one in the dining room. We installed new in all the rooms except this one, but it still works...we just haven't found the right globe for it! We've lived in this house for 4 years and it is definitely a work in progress, but I love old farmhouses!

So...after VBS, the bunting will return home and decorate Liz's room. I have some of the farm material left that I'd like to incorporate into a quilt for her new twin sized mattress. I have so many things I want to work on!

Happy to link to these linky parties...
Going international at Manic Monday
over at Sew Happy Geek
Heading down river on the {Sew} Modern Monday
at Canoe Ridge Creations
and Relaxing at Make Something Monday
on the Sarahdipities page


For the word of God is quick, and powerful,
and sharper than any two-edged sword,
piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit,
and of the joints and marrow,
and is a discerner of the thoughts
and intents of the heart.
Hebrews 4:12

Have a fun and happy week...
Amanda

4 comments:

  1. the bunting looks wonderful! It adds so much color and whimsy - perfect for VBS!
    Good luck this week! I'm sure you'll do really well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with my friend, Linda! The bunting looks great...you did a lot of work! Have a wonderful VBS week!

    LaDonna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi and thanks for your comments on my blog about my first attempt at bunting. Yours is amazing!!

    Rhi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHH! I love the bunting and the fair theme for a VBS! How much fun! I wanna come. :)

    ReplyDelete

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...