Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Will You Participate?

I've decided to...so will three of you join me in a Pay-it-Forward 'swap'?

Stephanie of Spontaneous Threads is who I signed-up with...so sometime in the next 365 days I'll have a great surprise come in the mail. I'm so excited!

But now for my continuation of the 'swap', I need you...
Here's how it works:


1. I will make a handmade something for 3 readers of my blog
(if you would like to participate in the Pay it Forward....you would like to get something handmade from me...please leave me a comment telling me that you would like to participate). I will send these 3 readers something that I have made, without warning within 365 days.


2. So, in order for you to get something from me - you have to say that you will do the same for 3 readers of your blog,...so, it follows that you should have a blog if we want to keep this "paying forward" unbroken.


3. When you receive your handmade item (from me) you MUST post about what you received on your blog, and put a picture of the Pay it Forward 'button' in your post. (You can copy and paste it from this post or the linked back posts).

This last part is optional, but would be fun - If you like, you can post pictures and your thoughts about what you send to the 3 people who will received something from you on your blog as well. Just give it a few days to travel in the mail. You wouldn't want to ruin the surprise.



~ ~ So, if you are willing to receive something from me and send three other people something you've made, please sign-up...just comment here letting me know you want to join the fun and I'll contact you via e-mail to confirm and get your address. I'll go with the first three commenters...I hope I get that many :) !! (I don't have many followers, so I don't know how well this will work.) Then you can post it on your blog, getting others to continue Paying-it-Forward...

And then as we all receive (and send) our items, we can post about them on our blogs.
I look forward to Paying-it-Forward with you!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
This week has seen very little crafting...but I did get the closet clean today! I was also inspired by a post on Molly Flanders about EPP a Carpenter's Wheel block...Thanks Mary! I really want to try it, espicially since my first Carpenter's wheel is a little messy. I'm still anxious to someday do a dresden plate...which was an insipiration from Mary, too. Ahh...to just find the time to do everything! 

So, no crafty pics today, instead how about a cute one of the girls? Always sounds good to me! :)


God is our refuge and strength,
a very present help in trouble.
Therefore, will not we fear,
though the earth be removed,
and though the mountains be carried
into the midst of the sea;
Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled,
though the mountains shake
with the swelling thereof.
Psalm 46:1-3

In these times of so much natural disasters occuring...we can take these words as a comfort that God will always be there for us, no matter the conditions around us.
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...