Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Thursday, June 7, 2018

Abide with Me...

Let's talk about some Bible Journaling!

Today's project was in 1 Samuel 22, verse 23.
I've been more drawn to getting Bible Journaling done on videos,
although I do want to still do cards,
time just seems to be continually getting away from me to be able to do everything!
So, Bible journaling it is for now ;)

I go over what I did on this page,
and what I got out of this verse in this video:

But I thought I'd share some of it here too!

In this chapter, David has started running from Saul who was trying to kill David.
David has received help from the priest, Ahimelech...
and when Saul found out he was mad and ordered the priests to be killed.
However, Abiathar escaped and fled to where David was...
this verse:

"Abide thou with me, fear not:
for he that seeketh my life seeketh thy life:
but with me thou shalt be in safeguard."
1 Samuel 22:23

was David's welcome to Abithar to join him and the others with him.

This shows that David knows that even though his life is being sought,
he would be safe. This to me really shows his faith in God.


I think that is also shows us that
abiding with God is the best place for us to be.
He will keep us safe!

It also references well with God wanting us to abide with Him
 to be all that He want us to be.  John 15

If you are interested in information on the supplies used, 
please leave me a comment and I will get back to you!

Thank you for coming to Create with Me today!

"I am the vine, ye are the branches: 
he that abideth in me, and I in him, 
the same bringeth forth much fruit:
for without me ye can do nothing."
John 15:5

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...