Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Recently Finished Projects...

The past few weeks have been full of crafting, now I can show the projects :) Here are 2 of the 6 recent finishes...

The first was a rag doll.
I again used the general pattern from Beth's tutorial at Love Laugh Quilt. Liz liked this one and requested one for herself...in blue! [She has one from Christmas already :)]

I used one of the girls' to small sweatshirts for the body and a section of a skirt that I had started cutting up along time ago for the apron. The apron [skirt] material is a nice weight, but I could never find the right shirt to go with it...so instead of hanging in the closet, it has become functional items!

Another project was a little purse & scarf set. I made them on the 'new' knitting looms. They are the first things I've made and am really enjoying the numerous ideas I'm having for what I could make with yarn and a loom :)
Liz also liked the scarf and also asked for one for herself...in blue! I told her to wait for Christmas :)
I really like the pattern that came about... I used the smallest loom and took out every third peg.
The purse is lined with an adorable bird print fabric that I picked up at JoAnn's...it is really cute! The scarf was a working pattern...things were changed as it progressed, and I really like how it turned out! I think this will be a much better designed scarf for the girls in the winter...I'd better get some yarn and get to work :) Blue for Liz...maybe a purple or green for Amber? I wouldn't mind one for myself, but I only have so much time, haha!

Adding this post at TNT Thursday for my new skill of loom knitting...not quite fabric, but I did add some to the purse :) I have other ideas for adding fabric to loom knit projects in the future :) Trying to get the best of both fibers!


But it is good to be zealously affected always in a good thing, 
and not only when I am present with you.
Galatians 4:18

In reading this in my reading this morning, I found it a great encouragement and challenge to always be doing fervently the work of the Lord. It tends to be human nature to make things nicer for when a special guest comes to church...but we should be making things special continually just for the glory of God!


1 comment:

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...