Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Recent Projects 2...

During the last part of September I worked on a small stack of projects...the first two I shared are here.

The next couple are a Kindle/book Clutch and a Pocket Verse Pack...

The Clutch is a little large for just a Kindle...but it makes it more useful for a regular book...I even think that the recipients Bible would fit in it :)

 
She really liked :)

Then...something for a teenage boy? I had recently made Chad a Pocket Verse Pack, so we thought that it would be a good gift for this young man...
The outside has a slot for the verse being currently worked on...then the inside holds more cards to switch to.
Some cards were given with printed verses on them, and other were left blank for him to fill in the verses he wants. He seemed to really like it :) which made me happy because men...let alone teenage boys... are hard to think of homemade gifts for!

Next time I'll show a Season's wall hanging, then a great lap quilt... I just love how it turned out!


From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee,
when my heart is overwhelmed:
lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
Psalm 61:2

This prayer of David always touches my heart. Even when things are overwhelming, God is higher and can lift us up. We may not be finished with the situation that seems to be drowning us, but we can lean on the Lord and trust Him to lead us through!



3 comments:

  1. Great clutch. At first I thought it was a big quilt folded over, but I am assuming those are tiny pumpkins instead of big ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely clutch and I looooooooooove the colors

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute clutch! I love the fabric you used! I'd love for you to share this and any other crafts at my new linky party, Submarine Sunday. I hope you'll stop by!

    T'onna
    http://navywifeypeters.blogspot.com/2012/10/submarine-sunday-2-features.html

    ReplyDelete

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...