Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Friday, August 17, 2012

Journal Cover...

Today a nice young lady from our church is heading back to college and so we had a small send off fellowship on Sunday evening for her. Paper is always a necessity in school, so I made her a journal cover to keep the mundane looking a little nicer :)



I really like how it turned out! I was inspired by the recent journals done by Rachel over at Stitched in Color.

Check out the linky parties on the sidebar for more fun ideas!


Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
Ephesians 5:16

Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time.
Colossians 4:5

These seem very applicable this week...on Tuesday, Chad and I were able to go to a Pastor's Conference (Chad has 2 classes left in his freshman year of correspondence classes for Pastoral Theology). We enjoy attending when possible! During the ladies session, Mrs. Smith was expressing how electronics can steal time and we need to learn to control the electronics, not let them control us!

Also, on !Sew WE Quilt!, Madam Samm has been sharing how she gets all her work done by setting goals and setting a timer. This morning I decided that, though a schedule helps, I think the timer would help for some activities.............but the only one that I have is on the stove in the kitchen or microwave. My wonderful husband said to get one off the internet for on the computer, so I did! I downloaded one from the Drive Software Company for free! 

I'll have to see how this all works, cause another area touched on by both ladies it the need for quiet... which I agree, I NEED! However, it is hard to come by with my two little ones. Interruptions are very common with them, so I hope that this experiment with the timer helps all of us learn to have at least a little quiet time, time management (especially with home-school starting in about a week for Liz), and to lessen distractions!

Off to get entries ready for the fair...with the timer set :)

2 comments:

  1. Great job, Amanda! You are so creative, and you always use your talents for the Lord!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks gorgeous! You picked such rich colors. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...