Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Daily Discovery...

A couple of years ago we began using Bible Reading schedules for reading through the Bible in one year...well, this year we are moving from a basic reading schedule to reading Chronologically through the Bible this year. I was excited to start the new schedule, however, I didn't want to just read through it, I want to get more out of it then in previous years...

So, this is what I came up with:
In the fall I started to circle/highlight certain words as I read...now, in addition to that, I am also writing in a journal!

This is what each day's entry will consist of:

Reference of the Reading Passage
Summary: Quick overview of what was read
Key: This is a key verse(s) picked from the passage to do further study on
Corresponding: The verses that cross-reference with the key verse
Commentary: The commentary read from for further study
Special: This is the section with the things gleaned from the days reading
Prayer: Three main things to pray for during the day
Memory: Space to work on the weeks memory verse

I have been very much enjoying this and can't wait for the next day's reading!
Have you read the Bible all the way through?
How do get the most out of your Bible reading?

Amanda
"The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighted in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand." ~ Psalm 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...