Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Weekly Planner...

I've always liked looking at different types of day planners and seeing if they'd work for me...but I don't usually ever buy one! For 2012, I just used a monthly planner calendar from the dollar store...worked pretty good, but those little blocks get filled up quick... In 2013, I tried a variety of things...mostly different printouts I'd make, until about September, then I started using a basic tablet. This worked well, and I liked it, and was even expanding it to use two pages per week instead of one....but the issue was that I had to make all the lines, dates, checklists, etc. every week.

Well, at the beginning of the year I saw this and this post on A Holy Experience and took those inspirational ideas of a manifesto and daily planner and made my own .

So, the first post was about a "manifesto" for the upcoming year to have a direction and goals to work toward...well, I wrote mine out and it became Blueprint 14. Since a printable to go with a manifesto is rather personal, I went to Tagxedo and made one for Blueprint 14!
So from this, I needed a daily planner that covered all the checklists I need :) However, I prefer a week together at a time...so, I came up my sheets, printed them out, and put them in a 3 ring binder...

Liking the thought of having it bound more like a tablet then in a 3-ring binder... for my birthday (last week), I asked for a bound copy of the sheets to last a year...

My loving husband said ok, so, I tweaked the pages to make sure they were exactly what I wanted, added some nice graphics, uploaded it to Staples, and viola...it came in the mail on Monday!
Obviously, opting for black and white was more economical and I think silhouettes are pretty neat!


Here are the pages per a week...
then repeated to last a year!

Once I got it, I've found a couple very minor things that need tweaked and had ideas for the graphics to go with the season... but those will have to wait till next year, if I decide to produce my own planner again, which is highly possible :) And I'm sure by then I'll have some things that I'll want to add/take off of this years planner. Also, it is rather thick, so depending on the pricing, I'm thinking that dividing it into 1/2 year increments would be nice too!

But I am really excited...it is very neat to have the whole year right there ready to use, on such nice paper (and I chose the lowest quality option, lol), and so personalized!

Amanda
"A man's heart deviseth his way, but the LORD directeth his steps." ~ Proverbs 16:9


No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...