Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I hate ants...

However, I made one for Liz for her birthday, to go along with our living room picnic. She turn 3 on Friday.
This ant is a little on the cute side...

To a little more serious topic.
My brother-in-law, Carlos Santos-Silva, passed away one year ago today fighting in Afganastan. He was a Sgt. First Class and there is a article about him in the March 2011 Readers Digest. So I hoping to make a quilt square for the Just One Star challenge. I'll show you my progress once I get started. I'm falling a little behind from being sick yesterday and today...but hopefully all will be well soon.

Thursday, I will be playing Rejoice in the Lord, written by Ron Hamilton, at my piano recital...yes, I'm an adult that takes lessons, I started playing four years ago.

The words to this song are wonderful and the story behind the writting of the song even more amazing. You can hear the story about Ron Hamilton, aka. Patch the Pirate and listen to the song if you link by clicking his name above.

Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad glad in thee:
let such as love thy salvation say continually,
the LORD be magnified.
Psalms 40:16

Amanda
Thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...