Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Fair's Almost Over...

but it's been fun! We have one day of VBS left...which includes a hayride and water balloons...the kids will have alot of fun!

So, as I've mention, I was in charge of crafts this week and I'd like to show you what we did...

First, week are doing a week long project...planting a seed daily that corresponds with planting seeds of the spirit which also go along with the parable of the sower.

Then on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday we did an extra craft for the day...
(Today we had the Dairy Princess doing a presentation, and tomorrow is the hayride, so we only have time to plant our seeds!)

1 - Week long planter...
2 - (Tues.) Can Koozie Pencil Holder
3 - (Wed.) Paper Friendship Quilts
Far Right - (Mon.) Color a Bookmark

The kids made great comments and seemed to really like the crafts, so that was nice!
Here are some action shots of yesterdays quilt making with the younger group of kids.

It was nice that even the boys enjoyed this craft...and I was tickled when the one young boy (he's 6 and quite artistic) copied my design and made a leaf and vine quilt. It's great to be an inspiration!

Hope you are all having a great week and if you NEED MORE inspiration, check out these great linky parties that I'm joining today...

{wow me} Wednesday at {Ginger Snap}
It's a Party! at A Creative Princess

I don't need more inspiration but I check them out anyway!



If my people, which are called by my name,
shall humble themselves, and pray,
and seek my face,
and turn from their wicked ways;
then will I hear from heaven,
and will forgive their sin,
and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14

It's nearing the 4th of July and so, as we reflect on the founding of our country...which was founded on Christian principles...we need to pray and follow after God to return to what our founding father's foresaw for our country.

Have a happy 4th of July... (just in case I don't post again till after the holiday!)
Amanda

2 comments:

  1. You did some wonderful projects with the kids! It looks like they're having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love VBS crafts! Thank you for linking this up! It brought back such great memories of when my kids were little and we were all involved in VBS!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...