Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Friday 'Afternoon' Sew-in?...

Yesterday I accomplished some sewing during the afternoon hours...the bedroom was cooler (I retrieved the window fan from storage) and the girls played well...so, I finished the Belated Father's Day Coasters...
I made my first labels by printing them on my Ink Jet printer using a tutorial from LR Stitched.
These coasters were cut out a day before Father's Day, but then the summer busy season hit...so, they did not get finished until now. They were pretty quick to put together and finished to a really cute size of about 5" x 5 3/4". I hope the men like them!
And then I choose and ironed fabric for about 4 or 5 fabric baskets to get started on...
I was going to try to cut them into the pieces, but instead I cleaned off some shelves from the kitchen (with help from my husband) so he can put a new window (that opens) in the kitchen. The newly cleaned off shelves made their way to my sewing corner...

This is the motivation to get my new kitchen cabinet finished. It was started for my birthday (in January), but we've both been shoving it aside for other priorities!
Because of this new shelf space on my table, I spent the rest of my FNSI rearranging my craft table. So today I should be able to get some sewing done!

This weekend I'm contributing the coasters to these cute linky parties...

Weekend Showoff Party @ Ladybird Lane
(It's a Hodgepodge Friday @ It's a Hodgepodge Life)
*there is no post for this yet...if one comes available...I'll join-in!*

as well as my progress on Friday night for the
Friday Night Sew-in

and my sewing room for the
Where I Sew @ Pink Chalk Studio


I thank my God always on your behalf,
for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ;
1 Corinthians 1:4

These opening salutations always make me wonder...who should I be saying thank-yous for, and am I living in a way that others would be thankful for me?
Just my thoughts on these often overlooked verses.
Amanda

2 comments:

  1. Your coasters turned out great. I'm sure the men will love them. Coasters and a clean and organized sewing space, you had a very productive FNSI.

    I don't know if you've heard of the Traveling Stash, but if you have and you're interested, it's my turn to send it on to the next person, so I'd love for you to come enter the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...