Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Map Time Rag Quilt...

Another Christmas present review... this soft, snugly blanket was made for our nephew. He turned a year old a few days before Christmas, which was what this present was originally meant for :) but I hadn't had the chance to make it! 

So, he received his intended Christmas present for his birthday...and I used the much need couple days in between to make the quilt...which he in turn received for Christmas!

Thankful to my wonderful husband who took care of snipping all the edges of the rag quilt for me while I wrapped presents on Christmas Eve!

Finished quilts have been few in number around here lately, so I don't think I remembered to measure the finished size...but I did do a little different pattern than a regular rag quilt so there would be a nice size map in the middle! (All the flannel is from JoAnn's.)

Have you completed any quilts lately?

Amanda
"But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord God, that I may declare all thy works." ~ Psalm 73:28


1 comment:

  1. This is so cute and cozy looking, and I love the colors. I've thought of making rag quilts before but I've read they make an awful mess in the washer and dryer with threads and lint. Maybe the smaller quilts don't?

    ReplyDelete

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...