Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Last Night's Accomplishments...

The productive evening I had envisioned was a dream...but my Friday Night Sew-In was still successful!

I did get the backing done for Liz's Sashed Postage Stamp Quilt yesterday, late afternoon. From there I took a break...for dinner and stuff...then worked on a mug rug. I was actually hoping to get all three that I need made, but only one was accomplished!

It's a really cute one...but I had a few issues that slowed me down.
The idea for this came from a google search for mug rugs. There was no directions...so I just did my own thing (which is nothing new) from looking at the picture here. This one is 8" x 8" on the straight sides.

My issue came when I wanted to add the solid aqua to the fanned printed material section. After finagling and cutting two different aqua pieces,  I finally improvised...and it turned out rather well.

I wanted to try some curved pieces to find out if I wanted/needed to take Rachel H.'s (Stitched in Color) Curves class come the new year. I think that I might be taking the class :)  Chad even asked if there was a ruler I needed to do this and if that's what I want for Christmas...so I think I'm getting a Retro Flowers/Drunkards Path Template!  He really is great about my sewing...

I also have another ruler on my list to my in-laws that can be used to make circles...I think the new year will be full of curves!
After the mug rug, I moved on to basting Liz's Sashed Postage Stamp Quilt.
I also decided on how to quilt it...I'm going to make a template from this flower, and put them on each square.
Today, I think I may work on the other mug rugs and start tracing flowers onto the quilt.


And God is able to make all grace abound toward you;
that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things,
may abound to every good work:
2 Corinthians 9:8

God will make sure we have what we need...especially to do that things He wants us to do.

Amanda

2 comments:

  1. Lots of great work done there - those curves sure can slow us down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you have been hard at work. Good luck with your curves.

    http://rashisquiltblog.blogspot.com/2011/12/hydrangea-border-complete-yaaaaaaaay.html

    ReplyDelete

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...