Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Friday, December 30, 2011

Gearing Up...

A new year is almost upon us and I'm getting ready for it by just going with the flow today! Whatever I get done, I get done!

I finished up my very tall mountain of laundry yesterday...it had been piling up while I was sewing for Christmas. I haven't sewn anything all week...even the fact that on Monday we had to take my machine to the LQS for servicing doesn't mean a whole lot when they had it fixed on Tuesday! Chad went and picked it up for me that night. What I can't believe is that I haven't turned it on to see how it's running...YIKES! Hopefully a little later today :)

I have been working on my entry for the Blogger's Fat Quarter Bundle Contest over at Quokka Quilts...it just seemed like a fun project to 'veg-out' on just after the busy holiday season.

So here's my choices...
It took me a couple of days, but I really like it. I'm not sure why these colors...except maybe I've noticed that I lean more to the greens, burgandy, and tan colors -- time to branch out! (OK, OK, so it's not that much of a stretch...baby steps!)

Not only that, they are also similar to the colors I do have for making new curtains for the living room....which hasn't been done even though I bought the material this past Spring. The funny thing is, this morning I asked Liz what I should sew today and her very cute 3 year old answer..."Oh, maybe a curtain." I just laughed, it was just so cute, especially when I've never mentioned to her about sewing curtains :)
 

Today, I'm also working on The First 25 Days of 2012. The schedule is coming along and I may even start writing up a couple of the posts. It is still a little tough to comprehend writing a post for everyday...but I think it can be done :)

Sunday, January 1, 2012 will be a Welcome and intro schedule to get you excited for the things to come during the first 25 days of the New Year! There is a little bit of everything...at least that interests me... sewing/crafts, music, food, and ministry :)
Hope to see you there!


Getting back into the swing of things by joining some of the linky parties on my right side bar...don't forget to join the fun!


Blessed is the man that heareth me,
watching daily at my gates,
waiting at the posts of my doors.
For whoso findeth me findeth life,
and shall obtain favour of the LORD.
Proverbs 8:34-35

As the New Year begins, I pray that the wisdom that comes from listening to the LORD will fill my life and be shown. At times I know I lack control of my emotions and I pray the LORD will help me. I've always loved the sentiment in the Serenity prayer...

God grant me the
Serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

May we all ask God for the wisdom we need as we go through our lives...especially as we begin a new year!

Seeking God's wisdom...
Amanda

1 comment:

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...