Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Finale...


The Scallop Peel Quilt is finally completely done and in use! I was able to finish getting it quilted the day after this months Friday Night Sew-In. The next day was a beautiful one, so we went on a picnic after church and took some pictures of the quilt.
Looks nice draped over the bridge, but I wanted to get a few more :)
So we took these...
I really like that guy in the sunglasses ;)
 The back...

And a beautiful picture of the family...
So the class has been done for months...and now my quilt is finally done! It's a great size large lap size...small twin bed size.

Quilt Stats:
Name – Scallop Peel Quilt
Size – 52 x 70
Material – Keepsake Calicos from JoAnne Fabrics
Quilted - by me :)

It's been washed a couple times already and is so comfy feeling already!

Added this post to Fabric Tuesday at Quilt Story...see the right side bar for the link to the party!


But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, 
an holy nation, a peculiar people; 
that ye should shew forth the praises of him 
who hath called you out of darkness into His marvelous light:
1 Peter 2:9

If you are a Christian - a believer saved by the grace of God through His Son Jesus Christ's death on the cross and  His Resurrection - you are the child of God. And as such, God has set His children apart to be special...a light to the world to show His holiness. Although we will not be perfect till we get to Heaven, we should strive to be an accurate example of Christ in this sin-filled world we live in. Are you doing your best to represent Christ to others?

Amanda


3 comments:

  1. Your quilt is beautiful, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful family picture indeed! You must share your trick! I never have everyone looking at the camera with a "nice" smile at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious quilt and even more precious family photo!!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...