Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Friday, May 4, 2012

The Sewing Machine Review...

I've been busy...just not taken the time yet to write up posts.

But today I'll give you a quick review...
-- a sewing machine review...
letting you know what I think of my now 2 month old Singer Quantum Stylist 9960.
I quilted Liz's quilt...which is a generous lap/small single bed quilt...and it went very well.
It doesn't have a huge throat space, but I noticed a difference between it and my old machine....it's bigger to me :)

The selection of stitches is amazing and fun to play with... I used some on bibs made not long after I got the machine.

I still have tension issues...but I'm thinking that its the user :) I need to learn the best settings per stitch -- like when using elastic thread in the bobbin and silky material...use 18!

I'm still loving the thread cutter...so much less thread waste!
It does better with thick sections.
Love the stitch-in-the-ditch foot that came with the quilting package I got with the machine! [PS...this is on sale for even less than I got it for :)]
The bias tape binding foot is pretty neat too!

Over all I like the machine...a good machine at a good value!

A more expensive machine may still be better, but when money still hasn't begun to grow on trees...we all have to make the money we do have count :)


It is the LORD:
let Him do what seemeth Him good.
1 Samuel 3:18b

Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your new machine! I wish they could come up with a machine that didn't have tension issues, but they all do! Even the expensive ones have to be adjusted.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...