Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Monday, September 17, 2012

Scrap Explosion...

Today I started working on a new project that is stretching the organized/coordination aspect of my personality... a very scrappy project.

I also realized today that, though I don't have much stash material...I have a massive amount of scraps, as seen from the picture of my table today.
And this didn't include any scraps out of the big crock yet! Oh, and the containers by there respective color pile are still full!

I'm very much a coordinate the fabrics going into a project kind of person...making sure it all is cohesive and evenly laid out. I pushed this a little in my last quilt, but this time I'm going over the edge... just pulling and laying out piece where they fit. Surprisingly, it is going well, and I thinking I really am going to like it! I may have to try a few more of these (in different patterns) to use up my scraps :)

Here is a sneak peek at the project...
This is a present, so it is intentionally bad lighting :) However, once it is gifted, I'll show the whole project!
I actually enjoying this and liking how quickly it is coming together!


For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
Isaiah 55:8

As I was working on the above project today, I was thinking about how all the very different fabrics were being put together...about how they may not necessarily look right next to each other and how it seems very random. It made me think about how our lives can seem like that. Things can happen in our lives that seem very separated, maybe even more so the placement of things we don't understand...but once all the pieces come together, they make a beautiful arrangement. For some of us, we won't completely see the arrangement our life made till we get to Heaven...however, for now, we can see how God leads us and rejoice in the amazing things that He has brought us through!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...