Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Monday, April 15, 2013

Refreshing Week...

I knew it had been a while since I wrote here, but didn't realize it had been almost a month! Whoa!


I haven't been able to do a whole lot of crafting lately, so that has been part of the dwindle in blog activity and I've been contemplating that recently... more on that in a minute :)

The past week has been busy with church ministry things, starting last Monday with our church's monthly ladies meeting...which had a great attendance and a good devotional on giving our all in serving. Then, on Tuesday, we went to our area's Tri-State Pastor's Fellowship for the day, which was a great day with a ladies get together included during the time we were there. It was great seeing old friends and making new ones!

The end of the week was winding down some and, on Friday, I squeezed in some sewing time and made a large round quilted hot pad for my new large round stoneware with handles from Pampered Chef. Loving the stoneware :)

Then on Friday I was reminded by a FB post that a church about 2 hours from here was having a ladies conference over the weekend...and at the last minute we decided that I'd be able to go for the Saturday session.


But in a great house there are not only vessels
of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; 
and some to honour, and some to dishonor.
If a man therefore purge himself from these, 
he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, 
and meet for the master's use, 
and prepared unto every good work.
2 Timothy 2:20-21


I received a great blessing from going...we learned about being vessels that God can use and to be a vessel Filled to Overflowing. They gave us practical guidance to get rid of the things that would hinder us from serving God, and to allow God to mold us and fill us to overflowing, then to share the abundance with others around us.

So between this and my previous pondering, it has directed me to try to use the blog as more than just a show of a craft project here and there with a verse just tacked onto the end....but to use this as a place to share what I'm being taught even it there is no new craft to share. However, I will still be sharing crafts as I have something, because I still love having time to sew!

A Vessel of God
by M.S. Lowndes

Shaping and moulding,
Is the potter with the clay
That is how God is with us
When we let Him have his way
Let God shape your life
Into a vessel for His use,
So He can fill and send you forth
To a world void of truth
So yield unto the master's hand
As He works within your life,
Making you so lovingly
To reflect the image of Christ.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for being such a great wife and help to me!
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...