Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Reflections...

It's is amazing how quickly time goes flying by! A week can go by in a flash with a busy schedule...that never seems to slow down - and I know ours is definitely less filled than most! :) This is for sure one of those busy weeks...not so much in places to go, but things that need to be done.

This is a good time to pause and 'reflect' on a few things...like in this poem that has been in the nursery at church for as long as I can remember, but I never really read it till a couple months ago...good things to ponder on a regular basis!


Reflections

If I could Start over I would...
   * have more realistic expectations for myself.
   * learn to say, 'this too shall pass.'
   * make a point of enjoying every stage of life.
   * cherish every friendship.
   * put less emphasis on material things.
   * refuse to take my own transient feelings so seriously.
   * worry less about failure.
   * spend less time wondering about other people's opinions of me.
   * talk less.
   * say 'I Love You' more often.
   * fret less about the future.
   * smile more.
   * memorize more scripture.
   * be more observant to the beauty God has put in the world around me.
   * work harder at understanding how other people feel and think.
   * be less critical of others.
   * learn to laugh at myself more easily.
   * be freer with my praise.
   * put a higher premium on integrity.
   * work for more consistency in practicing the Word of God.
   * make fewer excuses and take more responsibility for my own success and happiness.
   * put a higher value on every opportunity to learn and grow.
   * complain less.
   * tell the Lord more often how thankful I am that He chose me and that He loves me and that His plans for me are beyond my fondest dreams.

~ J.S.

Take ye heed, watch and pray:
for ye know not when the time is.
Mark 13:33






No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...