Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Friday, July 8, 2011

A New Handsewing Travel Kit...

A few months back I started hand sewing 60 degree diamonds and made myself a travel kit...
It turned out cute and worked good...except it was a little small and not quite hard enough for keeping things from bending, oh, and the flap didn't always stay closed.

My solution came at the Fundraising Garage Sale we had a few weekends ago...
I got this sturdy little box for $1.00. It just needed a face lift...
I quilted a top, made a sleeve for it to go over the lid, and made the box lining by using a pattern for a fabric basket...just changing some dimensions!

I used some sticky loop and hook tape (Velcro) to keep the lining in place. I also made a matching pin cushion that is also Velcroed to the lining...now my box is ready to travel!

This one has hard sides, is bigger but still not to big, and has a latch to close the lid...I think it will be really nice!

I'm happy to link to a few blog linky parties...
It's a Hodgepodge Friday @ It's a Hodgepodge Life
Weekend Showoff Party @ Ladybird Lane
It's a Party @ A Creative Princess

I decided to show my box transformation instead of the skirt...trust me this is cuter!
Have a Great Weekend!


For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ:
for it is the power of God unto salvation
to every one that believeth;
to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Romans 1:16

Talk with you again late next week...
Amanda

2 comments:

  1. What a cute little travel kit! You did a great job of transforming that little case!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great find - and a perfect traveling box!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...