Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Berry Blueberry...

Last night we picked blueberries at my in-laws. They have a great blueberry bush in their front yard. While we were picking, Liz decided to garnish the bowl...a real chef, isn't she?!
I had a particular purpose for about a cup or so of the blueberries we were picking...
Cream Cheese Dessert

I ended up using two and half cups...but there are still a lot of berries left. Liz will be happy!
I don't like blueberries, so I made a half with strawberries for Sunday School hour. This is one of my favorite desserts, so I'll share so maybe it can become one of yours!
(here's the original recipe...but I'll share how I make it!)
Cream Cheese Dessert (13x9 pan)

Graham cracker crust:
      3 cups graham cracker crumbs
      1/3 cup sugar
      2/3 cup butter/margarine - melted

Mix together and pat into bottom of pan.

Cream cheese filling:
      12 ounces cream cheese/Neufchatel cheese - softened
      1 cup powdered sugar
cream together
      1 tub cool whip
fold into cream cheese, mix well
spread onto crust

Topping:
fresh fruit of choice...or pie filling...or (drained) frozen fruit

Enjoy!
Great summer recipe...no baking!

Check out the right side bar for some of the fun linky parties I try to attend regularly!


Thus saith the Lord,
which giveth the sun for a light by day,
and the ordinances of the moon
and of the stars for night,
which divideth the sea
when the waves thereof roar;
The Lord of hosts is his name:
Jeremiah 31:35

God is the Creator of the universe...He set the times and seasons into place. Glorify Him for the beauty of creation!

Worship the Creator today in church!
Amanda

1 comment:

  1. I had 8 blueberry bushes when we lived in Georgia. I have tried growing them here, but it is just too hot. I miss fresh blueberries. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...