Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Friday, August 19, 2011

College Bound...

Soon one of the young ladies from our church is heading to college, and so tonight we are having a College Shower for her. I decided to make her a pillow...
I went with the Log Cabin pattern because her Grandmother gave her a quilt for college that was the Log cabin pattern...so  I thought how nice to 'corrdinate'...only the quilt is all pink! I added in green for a little variety :)

The label for the back was a quick handmade one, because the one I printed off on my printer didn't work out...see the wall hanging post.

It's a little wonky and slightly hard to read...but I think it's alright for the most part...I was running short on time - the story of my life!
The front is made with flannels and the back is a small corduroy...even with the wonky label, I like how the pillow turned out!

Also, for this young lady from her sister...a Message board! She came over to learn how to make one. We put it together in an afternoon...and it turned out very cute!
Some sewing, alot of staples, and a little hot glue = a great off to school gift. We hope she likes her homemade goodies to decorate the dorm room!

See my right side bar for more inspirational fun at the weekly linky parties!


Now therefore fear the LORD,
and serve him in sincerity and in truth:
put away the gods which your fathers served
on the other side of the flood,
and in Egypt; and serve ye the Lord.
Joshua 24:14

(Reading this along with the verses in front of it...) We realize we have all received blessings that we don't deserve...shouldn't we thank the Lord with sincere service and worship? We should!
Sunday is the day set aside for worshipping the Lord...why not attend church this weekend?
Amanda

8 comments:

  1. Lovely college goodies - could have used some of those myself back in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great gifts for a college bound girl! She is sure to love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a loving gift! And a log cabin pattern is so classic- I know she'll love all the pretties you make her!

    Visiting from Ladybird Ln- Weekend Show Off Party,
    ~Suzanne in Illinois
    (pssst, yes, I'm a quilter too)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always a fan of a good log cabin! I also needed that verse, sometimes it is so easy for me to forget how blessed I truly am!

    Carlee
    www.ladybirdln.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great pillow! And what a sweet gift :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cute! I love the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is so cute - I love it! Keep up the great work -- and the idea of having a college party is such a good idea, I'll have to stow it away to use at another time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful pillow! :) Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...