Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Celebrate Color...

Autumn has great colors...so, it's the perfect time to Celebrate Color! That's what Rachel over at Stitched in Color has planned for us for this great season...and as you all know...my favorite season!

I saw the inspiration post she put up on Thursday...and just couldn't bear it! Friday, I pulled out the Fall tote and transformed the house to a haven of orange, brown, gold, and dark red...LOVE IT! I typically try to decorate for fall right around Labor Day, so this year fell right into tradition.

Here are my main points of decoration...
My Orange Colorway :)

I'd have to say that I think Orange is definitely my favorite fall color...but all the fall colors mixed together make for great possibilities!

For most of the summer I have been admiring Sandy Garvais' Grand Finale...and I finally got some! You can see it sitting beautifully on my computer desk in the middle right picture...a jelly roll (my 2nd EVER!) and some yardage. I'm waiting on a Grand Finale charm pack to arrive...then I'll take some fabric pictures, so I can dig in and see how I can transform a great bundle of fall into a quilt.

It may be a little bit before that quilt actually gets as much attention as I'd love to give it because life around here seems to be making sewing time very elusive! Over the long weekend I did stay up the one night a put Amber's quilt on my design wall...also, LOVING IT!!! I'll try to fill you in on that and show pictures tomorrow.

But back to our fall Celebrate Color inspiration...

Here is my photo collage for Brown...
(all pictures are from google images search)

and for Dark Red...
(all pictures are from google images search)

I'll leave this Celebrate Color Inspiration with this quote from Country Living magazine (Oct. '07). (**Note...I changed the one line because it spoke of Jack-o-lanterns...and I don't really care for them. I prefer a nice smooth pumpkin...maybe with a painted/decor leaf put on it.)

Against the backdrop of twilight's blue,
windows glow amber as candles beckon.
A chilly gust sends up a swirl of leaves.
Set out on a walking tour of autumn.
Take in the sights of cornfields
and hay bales and sunflowers.
The views have never been better.


She girdeth her loins with strength
and strengtheneth her arms.
She preceiveth that her merchandise is good:
her candle goeth not out by night.
Proverbs 31:17-18

Proverbs 31 is a great passage for women, to show us how we are to take care of our household...I read this the other day and thought that the late nights I've been having are all part of keeping the house running sometimes. Another section of this passage also talks about rising while it is still night... I find it easier to stay up at night once everyone is tucked in bed than it is for me to get out of bed earlier than needed...but either way you need a 'candle' to get the work done!

Have a great time enjoying the great scenes of fall as they begin to pass by and thank God for the beauty he has established in the season's for us to enjoy!
Amanda

As always...check ou the great links on the right side bar for some inspiration...whether needed or unneeded!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful inspiration, Amanda! Orange is also one of my very, very favorite fall colors. Orange in every natural shade! It's so nice to see other women truly enjoying homemaking. Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing summer/fall colours!! I love your work, keep it up! :)

    ___
    call Bangladesh

    ReplyDelete
  3. You Fall inspiration photos are great! I am joining in with Celebrate Color, as well. It's going to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the inspiration! The colors are gorgeous!

    Thanks so much for linking up to Tuesday Talent Show! I would love to have you stop by and link up again with more great projects!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...