Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Saturday, September 17, 2011

FNSI Results...

Last night was Friday Night Sew-in hosted by Heidi and Bobbi...

And this is what I accomplished...
Two fabric boxes for the missions conference in October...so, now I have 3 more big ones to make and 2 smaller ones (I have one smaller one already done).

The original boxes were lined with cardboard, but I had an idea that I went with and like it alot better! Each section is layered with two pieces of felt-by-the-yard and the piece of lining material, then quilted. It makes for a sturdy piece of material. Then the construction is the same.
Each box takes about 2 1/2 to 3 hours...

Today however...I want to take this beautiful combination of material and make it into a bag!
I hope everyone had a productive FNSI!


Not slothful in business,
fervent in spirit,
serving the Lord;
Romans 12:11

The other verses with this one are talking about how we need to deal with fellow Christians...but this one made me think a little more on the personal level. That as I work on different things, I need to do them all to the best of my ability while I'm working on that project. This is definitely what I'm struggling with right now! :)

Off to schedule my day of activities...
Amanda

Don't forget to check out the linky parties on the right side bar...full of fun, fun, fun!

3 comments:

  1. Those fabric boxes are fantastic!♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, great FNSI results - now that we're going to be home for a while, maybe I can join in again. I'll get onto following Heidi again so I get the notices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://sewmuchandmore.blogspot.comSeptember 19, 2011 at 9:05 AM

    I'm slowly getting around to see what everyone accomplished for FNSI. I love the fabric boxes, they are beautiful! I also like how you made the sturdy bottom. Congrats on a productive FNSI night!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...