Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

My New School Bag...

As do many things, my new school bag took longer to finish than I had planned or hoped...but it came out GREAT! I love it! So this beautiful yardage...
Became this great bag...nice and big!
I made it to hold my books and the laptop.

I love the fallishness of the brown and green...and an untratitional color for fall - aqua (yet, very trendy)...it's a good combination that has a toned down fall feel that will go nice all year! 
It's been made to be sturdy and hold alot...inside are 2 layers of felt by the yard quilted to the lining. The hadles are also thick and quilted 7 inches into the body of the bag.
A couple of pockets were added for the smaller things that get lost in the bottom of big bags...like keys :)

It's an exciting finish and I'm going to be adding it to the Celebrate Color festival of crafts happening at Stiched in Color.



Giving thanks always for all things
unto God and the Father
in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
Ephesians 5:20

It always amazes me how God answers our little prayers...the things that seem almost insignificant...
On Tuesday, when I was getting ready to sew the handles on to the bag, I was thinking that it may take a lot of patience and fiddling with my sewing machine. It was a lot of material in one spot to be going through the machine...
but I cleaned and prepared my machine (with a needle for jean material), then prepared myself by asking God to help it to go smoothly. About 2 inches into the first handle...SNAP...the needle broke! Normally, I would get frustrated and irritated...but God's grace is good...I just changed the needle and continued on. Thankfully, the rest of the attaching of the handles went very well and quick too!
After the answered prayer, I was thinking about it...Why did I have the broken needle at the beginning? I'm still not sure, but I am Thankful for the sewing going smoothly on the hard parts of my new school bag.

Prayer for even the little things is heard by God when brought to Him by His children!
Amanda

Also, I'll be adding this great bag to some of my weekly linky party stops...check out the right side bars to join in!

5 comments:

  1. Looks roomy and perfect for carrying everything... my kind of bag. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super bag, it has a lovely cosy look to it, just perfect for the colder weather

    I have to confess when I first saw it the colours made me think mmm, mint and chocolate! But I'm on a dieat right now so that may be why fall wasn't my first thought! But the colours do look perfect together

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bag! :) Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Perfect for Fall! I really like the brown fabric you used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the brown fabric! Thanks for linking up to the Creative Genius Link Party! Don't forget to link up again Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...