Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Welcome 2012...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Welcome to the New Year and our celebration of it with The First 25 Days of 2012!


For the next 25 days I am going to try to post everyday... I'll be showing some of my projects from Christmas, I have a few tutorials to share, rejoice with some favorite songs, spotlighting some ministries, and dive into great recipes. The ending to this extravaganza will be a giveaway...my very first for on my Birthday.

Question...should I open the giveaway on my birthday and pick the winner a few days later, or should I open the giveaway earlier and announce the winner on the last day of The First 25 Days of 2012?

I'm so glad that you have decided to join me. Here is a quick overview schedule of what will be happening each day...

Sunday's - Singing Sunday...rejoicing with a favorite song. [Not including today :)]

Monday's - Ministry Monday...spotlighting a ministry I have interest in.

Tuesday's - Tasty Tuesday...giving out a few of my favorite recipes.

Wednesday's - Working Wednesday...continuing Works-in-Progress posts with Lee at Freshly Pieced.

Thursday's - Teaching Thursday...posting a tutorial.

Friday's -  Fabulous Friday...sharing some different items that catch my attention.

Saturday's - Show, Show Saturday...showing off the different things made for Christmas gifts.

I hope you enjoy the celebration and check back everyday!

Today, I'll show the chair that Chad made for Amber. She didn't get it till New Year's Eve because the stain wasn't drying well...but she really seemed to like what Daddy made her!


This sweet chair was made from our first piano. The pins were going in it, so when Chad bought me a different piano, we scraped the old one. We saved some of the wood, which is now this chair and the 'cutting board' looking top on the wire shelf unit in my sewing area. I love how it turned out!


But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts;
and be ready always to give an answer
to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope
that is in you with meekness and fear:
1 Peter 3:15

May the New Year bring us to the point of always praising God and sharing with others what God is doing for us. He is the hope we have to make it through another day, another week, another month... another year! Our faith in Him to guide us and carry us is what we need to share with others that seem to have no hope...they too can find it in Christ!

May you have a Happy New Year!
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...