Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Full Wednesday Report...

It's that time in the week to gauge our progress in our sewing...WIP Wednesday with Lee from Freshly Pieced. Although I haven't been blogging this past week, I have been sewing...and we were also away for the weekend :)

Last week was the first sewing week for our Curves Class with Rachel from Stitched in Color. I chose the bib project so Amber would have a few new bibs for the weekend...they turned out cute!
 
The other project from last week that I wanted to work on did not get very far...due to our going away and having a major migraine on Thursday...
So, this is all the farther my clamshell project is...
Planning on working on this some today.

Yesterday, Valentine's Day, Liz and I worked on a few yarn hearts.
And I did yesterday's class work, Improv Notecards...
 

For most Valentine's days, Chad and I go to our church's Valentine's Banquet. Well, this year before going to the restaurant, we stopped at the LQS so I could pick out a free FQ I received for participating in the contest they had on FB. Well, Chad also purchased one for me...
So, I got these two beautiful pieces of material for Valentine's Day :) [I told Chad when we first got married to never buy me flowers...they are a waste of money because they just die in a week - he has bought me a few plants, but I tend to kill those!] Fabric with flowers on it much more useful to me :) !!!!

Last week I also decide Amber need a new diaper bag to take on our weekend trip.
I like the way it looks, but I made it a little to long and narrow...but it serves it's purpose. I'd probably just LOVE it if I had made it have a bigger bottom area and shorter side...now I know :)

Week Review...

New Projects: 1 [Scallop project]
Completed Projects: a bunch of little ones covered in this post
Continuing Projects: 4 [Scallop project, Liz's Sashed Postage Stamp Quilt, the Table Topper, and 'the lost' Quiet book]

We had a wonderful weekend trip from NW PA to Rochester, NY. It took about 3 hours to get there, the roads were bare (rare for this time of year in this part of the country...but this whole winter has been rare!) and we stayed at a lovely hotel - Holiday Inn Express in Webster, NY. It was close to the church we were visiting for the weekend. However, the trip home on Saturday was about 2 hours longer due to snow [mostly in PA :)].

It wasn't a site-seeing type trip... We went to Family School! It's a conference held by Southeast Bible Baptist Church. (this is also Commonground Baptist Ministries - see this post for more info)


We had a wonderful time and even received a free family portrait from a photographer at the church. She is the photographer at Cobblestone Photography and gave us a small free print while we were there...and we can order more (professionally printed copies) from her site if we want.

This is a scan of the copy we received...so the quality is a little grainy [and I added the writing for various reasons ;0)], but the picture is great!
Hope you and your family had a great weekend...and beginning of this week!


For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you
some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established.
Romans 1:11

Paul wrote Romans to impart some great truths to us, to learn and grow in our Christian lives. I enjoy being able to share some of the things I get when I read the Bible. My prayer is that they in some part help you, encourage you!

Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...