Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Friday, February 3, 2012

New Bible Case...

A new Bible case for my new Bible is completed! Yeah! The new Bible came the day after my birthday, but last weekend was a little busy, so I wasn't able to get started on the case till this week...so glad to get it done for this Sunday! And I'm able to finish it today for Finish it up Friday with Amanda Jean at crazy mom quilts.

My first dilemma was what design to make on the outside...I finally chose the Carpenter Wheel (Star) block. I also decided on a tan, pink, red combination of materials.
When I was first squaring my HST, I miss judged and one of them was a little off, but I used it anyway...but without realizing it - it ended up rather noticeable in the top left diamond.

Here is the flap side of the case...
Chad helped me decide on where to put the extra strip of material and how to quilt the block...love how it turned out!

Here is the inside. Above the pocket for my Bible and notebook is a small pocket for colored pencils to highlight with...
This is a picture of the entire back/outside...
I just noticed another piecing mishap in this picture, the far left diamond is off. Must not be as distracting in person!

I do love the materials!

Linking this up to the fun weekend parties...


But the word of the Lord endureth for ever.
And this is the word which by the gospel
is preached unto you.
1 Peter 1:25

God's Words, the Bible, will always endure...no matter how people do try to get rid of it. We learn and are taught by His Words...we should keep them protected and fight to preserve them.

Keeping His Words...
Amanda

2 comments:

  1. Your Bible cover is beautiful! How clever to make it big enough for a notebook and pens too. I've been needing a new Bible cover for awhile. . . thanks so much for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! It's great to find a sister in Christ here in blogland :) I just popped over front the sew modern monday and love the Bible cover. I can't wait to check out the rest of your blog and will be following you as well. I hope your having a wonderful day!
    January sewsewgo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...