Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

No Real News...

Nothing of major substance seems to be of good topic for a post...but I thought I'd write a post anyway :)

Yesterday was rather productive...I finally just got to it and made a cover for the stool I recently started using at my sewing machine.

My grandma acquired this stool when she (and my grandpa) bought their last house in the mid-90's. When my grandma moved from that house in 2008, she stayed with us for a little while...and I got the stool. I have always liked this stool even with it always looking like this...
For a few years, we kept it in the kitchen and used it there... I always meant to make a black and red cover for it to match the kitchen, but never did. More recently it has been just sitting in the hall, not being used.

About a week or two ago I decide to try it at my sewing machine...my other chair was seeming really low. I like the height [for now :) ]...it makes for moving from the machine to the table and ironing board easier.

So yesterday, I looked at the stool, and decided it REALLY needed a cover. I went to my scrap drawer and pulled out a rather large piece of mid-weight denim...left from a pair of culottes Grandma Aabye, a dear lady at church, made for Liz. I figured that it would be a good weight to put up with the wear & tear it would get from my up & down on it.

After about a hour...voila!
The loooong awaited stool cover!
Then after that, I finished up the favors for the church Valentine's Banquet [unless more that two more couples sign up to attend :)]

Also, I'm looking into trying to advertise for my Etsy shop, anyone have any suggestions? Things you've found that have worked for your shop? Are the Etsy Search Ads the best way to go? Thanks for the input!

I may link this up with a few mid-week parties :)


Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above,
and cometh down from the Father of lights,
with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
James 1:17

God gives us many blessing. Also, He will never change His mind from what He is. That right there is alot to be thankful for!

Amanda

2 comments:

  1. The stool looks great!
    I don't have any advice for the Etsy shop except to link to it from your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda, sounds like you have been a busy lady. Good luck with your Etsy account. I just closed mine after having it for about four months. I only sold one item and had about 130 items listed on there. I make jewelry and greeting cards and unfortunately there are just too many of the same. I used what they recommended so I don't know how other people were successful. Hope you do better than I did. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...