Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Scrappy Color Wheel Quilt...

This was a great quilt to make...just seemed to take more weeks to finish than I thought it would, but, yes, sometimes life gets in the way of sewing :)

I just LOVE the way my Scrappy Color Wheel Quilt turned out!
Scrappy Color Wheel Quilt for my sewing room wall!

Image of Wheel Quilt Pattern
It was made using Rachel's (from Sitiched in Color) Wheel Quilt pattern given to those enrolled in her Curves Class...but here's a link to the pattern if you'd like to buy it and make one for yourself.

Scrap Attack Quilt-AlongMy quilt was made almost entirely of scraps...I only cut into a few new FQ's to get the blacks and dark purples I needed..so, I will also be adding this to her Scrap Attack Festival next week! 


My finished quilt is 33" x 33"...the pattern would finish about 40" x 40", but I wanted mine a little smaller for the space where I was hanging it. I did go by the pattern, then just cut it down around the outsides. I also curved the corners, rather than keep them square, to kind of echo the wheel...

My oldest beautiful daughter just turned 4 on Sunday and was excited to get outside and help mommy take pictures...it's a perfect size for her to hold up!
(Liz on her birthday...Amber & Liz on Friday...Amber 'coloring' at Pizza Hut on Friday)

And we got some nice pictures on this beautiful day!
 Love this one! It turned out a great size for a baby play mat :)
 It was a gorgeous day outside!
I like the wheel echo of the quilting on the back. The wheel was just stitch in the ditch on the spokes and then a stippling in the big solid areas to really make the wheel 'pop-out'...and it worked! Also, I kind of combined the patterns...every other spoke was pieced from small scraps, while the other ones were cut in one piece from bigger scraps.
The bottom one of this mosaic is it in it's new home, just above my computer, in my sewing area. I put two eyelets in the upper two corners and hung it on two screws.

** I'll be adding this post to the linky parties as the open for the weekend! Including Amanda Jeans Finish it up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts...I wanted to share this LAST Friday...but wasn't able to get it done till this week! I've also included this over at Sew Modern Monday @ Canoe Ridge Creations...Have fun hopping around the different linky parties! **


Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ,
and stewards of the mysteries of God.
Moreover it is required in stewards,
that a man be found faithful.
1 Corinthians 4:1-2

We need to be stewards of the things the Lord has blessed us with. I've noticed that things are going more smoothly around the house with a schedule we have recently started to try and follow...my only problem is that I haven't yet easily transitioned blog post time into it, but I don't want this space that I have been stewarded with to go by the wayside...so I will be trying to find where to fit it in :) I always feel a tug at my heart when I read about being found faithful to the ministry of God.

Amanda

11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful job you did with that quilt! It is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your colorwheel!
    The first picture is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finish Amanda.....love all the outside photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is a super pretty quilt. I like the fact that its not a very complicated design. I always get put off the idea of quilting when i see a million squares. But your deign is actually doable in under 6 months! nice one

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That quilt is amazing!! I definitely want to try that someday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty - I want a quilt like this to hang in my craft room :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great quilt! I just purchased that pattern and aside from making a baby quilt, I'm thinking of sizing the templates down to end with a 12.5 in quilt block, hopefully it works! Yours is just gorgeous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so pretty! Love the way you did the rounded corners, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so modern and cool. i love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty and wonderful pictures. I need to find somehwere other than my living room floor at 2 am to take photos.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...