Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Friday, March 30, 2012

Simple Blocks...

This weeks Finish it up Friday project is simple...and took me all week! Glad to have something to link up at Amanda Jean's Crazy Mom Quilts Finish it up Friday party!

These two matching blocks were purchased as a kit on clearance...with pre-cut pieces, which made it a quick project ...when I was able to get to sew :)
I love the block and how it blends into my office/sewing room color scheme...the binding is even material from my quilt for my desk chair.

The burnt red in the middle is a little out of place...but the blocks are actually part of a bigger quilt kit that are bought in sets at JoAnn's, so they go with rest of that quilt...
I just got them because they were a great looking block, cheap, and I now have the directions for making more :)

This pair is going to be separated, however, one for a friend and one for me. They are a nice mug rug/potholder size.

Adding this post to the great weekend linky parties listed on the right side bar...check them out for great crafting inspiration!


How excellent is thy loving-kindness, O God!
therefore the children of men put their trust 
under the shadow of thy wings.
Psalm 36:7

Amanda

3 comments:

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...