Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Friday, March 16, 2012

Ten Bibs...

and they're not for Amber :)

These 10 bibs were made throughout this week to be sent with the Love Without Boundaries 2012 Cleft Exchange Trip to Kaifeng, Henan, China from April 15th through 20th. They will be doing restoration surgeries on babies with cleft lips.


I first learned of this need from Kristy at Hopeful Threads...she's always sharing great charities to sew for! I just really felt like this one was for me to participate in!


Here are the 5 Toddler sized bibs...all the same. Pink-Yellow floral flannel with a thin poka-dot terry cloth backing...
And 5 Infant sized bibs of various flannel prints...
End of last week I began cutting these out...
on Tuesday, I was able to sew the two pieces together and get them turned right side out...
on Wednesday, I began sewing around the outside and figuring out how to put the snaps on...
(took a few tries for the snaps, but I'm glad I used them...so much nicer than Velcro)
on Thursday, I finished sewing around the outsides and packaged them up to be mailed out today!

On the outside stitching I experimented with some of the new stitches on my new machine...here is a close up of some of the fun ones...
I'm really liking the scallop stitch on the middle bib! The top thread was a light yellow, the bobbin thread was the green...worked well!

On a more personal note, we are also experiencing the beautiful weather that everyone else seems to be getting [at least in the States :) ] and so we spent a couple hours outside Thursday evening...
I like a nice walk or a good hike every now and then..... 
even some outdoor activities (occasional camping) are ok, 
but most of the time I would much rather be inside! 
For some reason bugs are drawn to me... mosquitoes mostly. And this time in the great outdoors was no exception...I was covered with clothing, except my hands and face...well, they found my hand - I even felt when the mosquito actually bit me - it hurt :( 

However, the girls just seem to love it outside...I already KNOW Liz does...
Amber seems to be enjoying it quite a bit too...
It was a nice evening!


While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest,
and cold and heat, and summer and winter,
and day and night shall not cease.
Genesis 8:22

While fall/autumn is my favorite time of the year...I do enjoy the changing between seasons. The change of many things occur between seasons...but we can be sure and comforted by the fact that God never changes and has created the awesome beauty experienced throughout the changing of the seasons He has ordained...even from the beginning!

Marvel at His terrific handiwork that is nature...
Amanda

***I'll be adding this blog post to Finish It Up Friday with Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts
 once the link is provided. Just love seeing something get accomplished each Friday!
 Also, I'll be stopping in on some of the other linky parties listed on the right side bar.***

2 comments:

  1. I'm so curious to hear the details of your new sewing machine!

    Love the decorative stitching on the edges of your bibs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool that you helped the kids with clefts. My son was born with one so I'm all to familiar how hard it is for these little guys.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...