Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Thursday, June 8, 2017

Wood Words with Overlay...

The new catalog is brimming with great products.
The Wood Words stamp set and coordinating dies, Wood Crate,
are just one of the great bundles.


It was one of the available preorders for demonstrators, so I got mine last month,
but it seemed like I didn't get much of a chance to work with it until last week...

I did a different technique to give the stamping a muted look,
rather than just doing second generation stamping,
I made a tissue paper overlay.


I like the look, and the way it gives the card a little extra texture as well.

Here is the video to see how it came together.


Sorry for the bad coloring in the photos...
my lighting must have been bad!
I think it might have been after dark.

But the video coloring should be better,
and you can see the colors better in the links provided below
in the card details (sizes in inches):

Cardstock
Peekaboo Peach 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, scored at 4 1/4
(The brown used is the retired TipTop Taupe,
however, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, or Sahara Sand would make great choices.)
Whisper White 3 1/2 x 4 3/4, plus extra for cutouts
Peekaboo Peach or a brown for sentiment 3/4 x 2 3/4

Ink colors

White tissue paper at roughly 7 x 8

Stamp Set and Die Set:
Wood Words Clear-Mount Bundle

This is a pretty neat set...
especially for me out here in the country!

Thank you for coming to Create with Me today!

"So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."
Romans 10:17

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...