Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Joy of Nice Weather...

Today was another beautiful day. The children had time to play outside at school and planted seeds with the Pastor's wife (she teaches the younger grades) to watch them grow. So, at dinner, Liz told Chad that she made dirt :) ! They are so adorable...
This was Amber on the back porch while I took towels off the clothes line.
Here is a picture of her last week on another beautiful day...only slightly cooler, so she needed a hat!
Also, last week, on that beautiful day, I took some other photos I said I would post...so here are a few pics that I took...

This is the Mother's Day table center piece that I said I would finish showing you on Monday...sorry it took till late Wednesday night to get it posted!
Next are two rag quilts I've made for Liz and Amber...
This bright and cheery one is Liz's and was the first 'quilt' I ever made...its an easy rag quilt. I made it for Liz while I was pregnant for her, so it is 3 years old.
This pretty ink and purple one is Amber's. I made it for her just after she was born. This one has a story to it...do you want to hear it? Oh Good!

First, when I found out I was pregnant again, I knew I wanted to make a quilt for the new baby, but I was going to wait till I knew if it was going to be a girl or a boy. July '10 was when I had my sonogram to find out...but the baby didn't cooperate! So, things happened that I did not need any other sonograms, and it was getting closer to November...

In September or October, we picked out a neutral palette of material and bought what was needed. However, it was actually a little on the boyish side, and I never got around to making the quilt. Then, I had the baby, a darling little girl - Amber! The week after I had her, I went to the ER with severe side pain. They didn't find anything wrong, gave me pain pills and sent me home...

It was Black Friday...Jo-Ann's was having the best sale EVER on flannel, which is what the blankets are made out of. I told my loving husband that if I didn't hurt so much I would have him stop...He knows me well!!!

He stopped and we got the fabrics to make the darling blanket, then went home... and I slept most of the day. On Monday, I went to the chiropractor and he adjusted me as best as he could for only being a week after a C-section...and I've been fine ever since. He said a rib was probably just out of place from the C-section.

Now to more sewing pictures...

This is a small coupon 'pocket' that I helped a young friend make for her mom for Mother's Day. And this is another table center piece I made for a special lady at church for Mother's Day...
That's what I worked on over the weekend...and since Sunday I haven't had a chance to sew. Tomorrow, I plan to sew...

But you never know...

Whoso keepeth the commandment
shall feel no evil thing:
and a wise man's heart discerneth
both time and judgement.
Ecclesiastes 8:5

We need to have a schedule...but be sure it is flexible to allow God work as He needs to in and through our lives. Have a wonderfully productive day!
Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the hexie mats - they're beautiful! Also like the coupon wallet, my DIL could sure use that! Do you have a pattern? Love the pics of the kids - so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...