Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Beautiful Star...

It began to develop today at school...
(You can see a picture on Flickr...my server is not allowing me to post it here...???)

It's the first half of my first English Paper Piecing star for my first hand sewen quilt project of a table topper. I found that the basting of the material around the diamond is not very fun to me...but I love the sewing of the diamonds together and the development of the star!

Today I placed an order for material to make new valances for my living room.

Lakeside Resort Small Leaves Brown 6343-15

Lakeside Resort Large Leaves Beige 6342-19

Lakeside Resort Small Leaves Blue 6343-17

It was great priced Moda fabric over at The Fabric Quarter.  I think I'm going to enjoy the blue...since I've had a home to decorate, I've tended towards Burgundy with my greens and tans. So, it will be a great change...I hope!

Today I was practicing a song by Ron Hamilton, Bow the Knee, and it really made me think about majesty of God.

For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord,
every knee shall bow to me,
and every tongue shall confess to God.
So then everyone of us
shall give account of himself to God.
Romans 14:11-12

Playing the piano can be one of the most rewarding times of reflection on God...just need to push myself to practice more!
Happy Wednesday!
Amanda

1 comment:

  1. The star will be so pretty!
    I used to play the piano and I agree that it is a great time for reflection. (I haven't had a piano now for many years.)

    ReplyDelete

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...