Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Spring in Bloom...

The day was very warm yesterday...
but the trees are in beautiful bloom.
These are blooms on the apple tree we planted in our back yard when we first moved into our house.
It is lop-sided because it had an accident with a snowplow the winter after it was planted. Amber tried to eat the blooms during picture time.

There was some thunder overhead at the time, but I loved it...the sound, the smell of the coming rain, and having fun with the baby! The neighbor has some great flowering trees, I love getting pictures of them in the spring.
Then when I went into the house I watered my window flower...which I am surprised is still alive...I do NOT have a green thumb.

And then a little more of a surprise when I looked a little closer...a baby!

I can't wait to watch it grow!
While Amber and I walked around the yard, Liz took her afternoon nap with her Easter pillow...it made me smile and happy that she likes it and got it for her nap.
Then last night I had my 'personal' Friday Night Sew-in, because I'm not able to do it next week on the scheduled night. I worked on the Americana Star Pillows for my secret sister (SS). I did some free motion quilting... and think I need to add the word primitive to the title of these pillows! However on the red one I ventured out and added words to the border...Psalm 33:12a.


All together I like the way they turned out. I hope my SS enjoys them. (Sorry if the 'secret' part is lost because I'm sharing them here...but we'll have fun with it anyway!)

Today, I've been browsing through the long list of the Bloogers' Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side. There are so many to get through...but I'm trying. In the next few days I hope to post for the festival too. It's making me want to quilt a larger quilt for the fall festival. Enjoy the inspiration!
Here is the timely verse quilted onto the red pillow...

 Blessed is the nation
whose God is the Lord:
Psalm 33:12a

Now, off to design a quilt...hope to 'see' you in church tomorrow!
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...