Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Americana Patriotic Star Wall Hanging...

Finally, a finish of something needing attention for months! The Star wall hanging that was put together in March is now quilted...yeah!




It looks good...but there are a few bad spots in my quilting. I need to work on consistency of stitch size and pattern (with the FMQing). Also, there are a couple of wrinkles in my binding that I think I'll need to fix. I wanted to enter this in the county fair at the end of the month, but I'm not sure its going to get to go...we'll see what else I get done :) !

I pieced the back (sorry I forgot to take a picture...) with a label included. I used the print your own labels again...however, after washing the wall hanging, the label is a MESS! The background coloring is almost all gone and discolored and the words are a little hard to read in spots. I was very disappointed...but at least it didn't affect the rest of the wall hanging. I think I might have to design and order some labels from Spoonflower and get a fabric pen...live and learn!

Tonight was beautiful here...we took a lovely walk, then stopped in our backyard for...
Hope everyone is having a great start to the week! Check out the linky parties on my right side bar for more crafty fun!

And he answered and said unto them,
I tell you that, if these should hold their peace,
the stones would immediately cry out.
Luke 19:40

We need to remember to rejoice in the Lord and give the praise due to Him...because if we don't, the rocks will have to! I think the Lord would rather hear from us than rocks.

Talk with you Wednesday!
Amanda

3 comments:

  1. Very nice wall hanging. It always feel so good to complete a project :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hanging looks really nice! Don't be too hard on yourself with the quilting. Set it aside for a little while and come back to it to see what you think. It might be that you can fix it in a few spots and then again, it might be that you decide you don't need to. When you've gone over every square inch of a quilt with the FMQ, you see every little mistake. Not everyone else will.
    Beautiful children, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did a great job and like Linda said, most people will not notice little mistakes. I did the FMQ challenge with JoAnne and it helped me so much! I am quilting a queen size quilt now. I layered it in two sections that will have to be sewn together when I finish quilting them. Then I will have to finish quilting in the section where the seam is. I want to be able to say that I made it all myself!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...