Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Friday, February 17, 2012

Clamshell Runner...

Today's finish is actually one of last weeks projects for Curves Class with Rachel from Stitched in Color. I'm really enjoying the class...but am slightly behind on doing all the projects - but the beauty of the class is that we don't have to do all the projects! However, all the projects are so cute...so I think I'm going to work on the ones I don't get done during class after the class is over.

Back to this weeks finish of last weeks project...

The project was a Clamshell pillow. Well, at this stage in my families life, decorative pillows are not really a priority :) So, I was going to make this pattern into a book clutch to give as a gift. However, once the FMQing that I chose was done, I decide the receipient would like it flat...like a table runner!
The Quilting in the cream material is sections of Psalm 1. I haven't FMQed in a while, but this turned out nice...I think the tension being fixed just after Christmas helped it turn out nicer!
I practiced on a small scrap with the words written out with the washable pencil, but it was better when I just freely did it without the pencil.

Here's the beautiful clamshells.
And a picture of it on my little table at the end of my big sewing table.
The binding is pieced with the matching fabrics of the clamshells. It took me a bunch of time today, but I really like how it turned out :)

Hope to have a productive evening for Friday Night Sew-in with Heidi. (See the right side bar for the link.)

Adding this spectacular finish to the Finish it up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts with Amanda Jean.


Blessed is the man that walketh not
in the counsel of the ungodly...
And shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water...
For the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous...
Psalm 1

The above scripture is what is writen on the table runner. One of my favorite passages.

Amanda

1 comment:

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...