Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Friday, April 6, 2012

Laptop Case...

This project has been a couple weeks in the making...and is happily, finally done!

My wonderful husband decided to get himself a small laptop (his splurge from our ITRs...). Although he has a nice satchel briefcase to put it in when he needs to take it with him, the laptop needed something to be housed in while at home. I decided I could make it a case...

Chad helped pick materials from my stash...which doesn't include extreamely masculine fabric, but we did find some. And with the all over stippling, it looks kind of like camouflage material :)
He wanted it to be a zipper pouch...makes it smaller than if it was a fold over flap. I sacrificed my fear of zippers to try and accomplish this for him. I think this only the second zipper I've ever put in... probably why it took a week to design and start working on :)
But it all came together well! The divider was the easiest part to make...and fun with the stitching, however, it is in the pouch slightly crooked - oh well!
He likes it and it turned out pretty well! The zipper needs a pull put on it to make it easier to open...but for now it has a paper clip ;)

I'm glad it turned out well...I was afraid of a couple of parts, especially the bulk of the sides to put the binding on...but my machine did wonderfully! It still had a little hesitation, but got past that and was fine!

I really need to get a review of my machine posted soon...'cause so far it seems great!

Happy to be able to add this project to the Finish It Up Friday party at Crazy Mom Quilts with Amanda Jean today! I'll probably go added it to a few other parties, too!


And the angel answered and said unto the women,
Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus,
which was crucified.
He is not here: 
for He is risen,
as He said.
Come see the place where the Lord lay.
Matthew 28:5-6

Jesus fulfilled the prophesies of the coming Messiah and finished by gloriously rising from death...a terrible death...to show that He was the only way of salvation.

He is not still in the grave. He conquered death...

HE IS RISEN!

Have a wonderful Resurrection Sunday... remember to celebrate our risen Saviour!
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...