Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Friday, April 13, 2012

Liz's Sashed Postage Stamp Quilt...


Finally DONE!!! I took my sewing time this week and quilted Liz's quilt.
I finished it this evening and we went out to take pictures...

Liz behind quilt
Her Christmas gift is now complete, 4 months later... but she was still very excited!
The quilting is echoing diamonds in each 16-block square. The center diamond moves around in the blocks per color of thread used for the quilting. 

The evening air was chilly, so, Liz is shivering...I was too!

The back.

Great colors!

{Edit to add the quilt stats...forgot those, opps!}

Quilt Stats:
Size - 53" x 72"
Design - Sashed Postage Stamp
Fabric - yardage from JoAnn's
             some scraps from a Moda jelly roll
             some scraps from the 1933 Poinsettia by Jackie Robinson
                          and Maywood Studio used in Amber's quilt
             other miscellaneous scraps from my stash...
Binding - yardage from JoAnn's
Quilting - machine quilted by me

She LOVES it!!!!!!!

I love this picture with Liz wrapped in the quilt...it was the last one we took --> back into the warm house {except that a few hours later and my hands are still freezing :)}

I was pushing myself to get this quilting done...and it's the only thing I sewed all week {but we also had revival services at church this week too!}... 
So now I can add it to the weekend linky parties on the right side bar, as well as Amanda Jean's Finish it up Friday party at Crazy Mom Quilts.

I spent a little bit time editing the pictures over at PicMonkey to see what it was like... I really like some things about it. Especially the ability to rotate my 'label' in the pictures. It's got some other neat photo editing features too! However, I did miss the easier way of changing the colors of the text in my other program.  

On to quilting the scallop quilt from Curves class, starting a couple of new quilts soon, and throwing around ideas for others :)


Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD:
and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
Psalm 127:3

Today a couple of friends -both have more children than me :)- shared the link to this song with me this afternoon...it's a wonderful reminder to realize there is more to life than having a toy-less floor and not finding stale Cheerios laying around (from our Cheerios Princess). It is a good one to listen to daily!



Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...