Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Mini Friendship Quilts...

Liz and I are reading through an American Girl book, Happy Birthday, Kirsten (which is difficult on me...my sister's name is Kristen...so that's what I want to say) and they were starting to make a Friendship Quilt. I decided Liz and I would make a tiny quilt for in her lap-book that goes with the story...however, this turned into an even bigger project :)

6 - 8 1/2 x 8 1/2 Mini 9-Patch Friendship Quilts for the girls in our Glow Kids class at church (and Liz)...

We'll still have to make a tiny quilt for in the lap-book :)
But these have been my working project since Saturday morning...Friday night the sleepiness overtook me!

Oh and here is our late April snow that came on Monday and melted on Tuesday...

It has been a while since I gave a WIP Update...
so here goes!

Liz's Sashed Postage Stamp Quilt is finally complete (see here for the complete post) and she has been happily sleeping under it since it's been finished.

I have fabric and a plan for a new quilt that I hope to start cutting out later today. Here are the fabrics (except one I couldn't find online)...
I also am at the beginning stages of picking out a pattern and colors for another quilt that I'll need to start soon! Let the fun continue...

Now for a Little Catch-up Review...
New Projects: 2
[Two quilts...one cutting later today and one to decide on a pattern ]

Completed Projects: 3 
[Liz's Sashed Postage Stamp Quilt, Mini Friendship Quilts, 2 Bible Bags]

Continuing Projects: 4
[Log Cabin Block Chairs Quilt (on hold), Scallop Quilt (just needs quilted and bound), the Table Topper, and 'the lost' Quiet book]

Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about
 with so great a cloud of witnesses, 
let us lay aside every weight, 
and the sin which doth so easily beset us,
 and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 
Hebrews 12:1

There is a lot in this verse that could be explained or expounded upon... which is obvious when I heard two different message preached from this passage this weekend! Both were good messages btw! :)

However, today I just want to share mostly about the running of the race set before us. I especially need to remember that God has a perfect race map for me and that I need to be continually looking to Him for the directions for reading the map correctly. Although for now things seem on a steady path, I know at anytime there could be a curve ahead that He knows about and how to make it the best way through the curve...

As we see curves approach, some may be exciting to see a good blessing ahead...however, some curves bring along not-so-pleasant situation...in them all God is willing to guide and wants us to lean to Him to see us through. I am so glad that He knows the path and I don't have to worry about it!

Look to Jesus for strength!
Amanda 

3 comments:

  1. Those are darling friendship quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable little quilts. We have hack crazy weather too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet little quilts, and the postage stamp quilt is beautiful!
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...