Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Monday, April 16, 2012

Flashback...

To my first quilt, for Amber, to enter in the Festival of Half Square Triangles over at Canoe Ridge Creations.


We'll remember that I finish this in early November...so it makes it in under the 6 month cut-off for being able to submit :) yeah!

Quilt Stats:
Size - 52" x 68"
Design - altered Warm/Cool Quilt Along Design
Fabric - 2 Fresh Flowers charm packs by Deb Strain for Moda
             color coordinated fabrics from Jo Ann's
             white from stash material
Binding - 1933 Poinsettia by Jackie Robinson and Maywood Studio
Quilting - machine quilted by me

Thank you so much for sharing the joy of my first finished quilt...
 and I'm getting ready to start a quilt full of half-square triangles...but it definitely won't be done to enter in this festival :) The fabrics for the new quilt are great, I can't wait to get started...



If any man speak, let him speak
as the oracles of God;
if any man minister, let him do it
as of the ability which God giveth:
that God in all things may be glorified
through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise
and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
1 Peter 4:11 


I know I've shared this before...once being the post about my first quilt... but I really like that it acknowledges that God gives us our abilities and that we need to glorify Him when we are using our gifts. We can never thank God enough for what He has done for us and we also need to remember to praise Him!

Amanda

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for popping by our blog! I love the bright colours in this one with the white!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is great! I really like how the HSTs are seperated with some sashing.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...