Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Flourishing Birthday...

On Monday, I did the Flourishing Rose Red card with just the stamp set. Well, the next day my shipment arrived from Stampin' Up! with my flourish thinlits dies.

So, today, we are going to do another flourish card...adding in the flourish dies.
This first example is made using Mint Macaron.


The second (and the one shown in the video) is made with Night of Navy.




Note added: For the Night of Navy card (or other dark card stocks), it would be best to put a piece of white card stock on the inside for making writing in your card easier.*

Here are the Flourishing Birthday Card dimensions and the Stampin' Up! products needed for you to make your own:
1 ~ 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" Night of Navy cardstock (100867) - scored and folded in half to make a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card once folded.
1 ~ 5" x 4" white cardstock (Whisper White 100730 for 8 1/2 x 11 or 124302 for 12 x 12)
*1 ~ scrap piece of white cardstock -- enough for the stamped flower and for writing on in the inside
1 ~ extra piece of Night of Navy to make die cuts

1 ~ embellishment for on the flower...Stampin' Up does not have brads that I can find in the catalog, but there are Metal Rimmed Pearls embellishments that would look adorable in place of a brad (138394)

Night of Navy Classic Stampin' Pad ink (126970)

Flourish Thinlits (141478)
Flourishing Phrases Stamp set (141534) -- this stamp set also has a corresponding dies set to cut out the beautiful flourished flowers...and when you bundle them you save 10% (142323)

The other color used in the original was Mint Macaron...
Cardstock (138337)
Classic Stampin' Pad ink (138326)

Find me, Amanda Dickson - PA, in the Demonstrator Directory when you head to the store to go shopping!

Thanks for coming to Create with Me!

"But without faith it is impossible to please Him; for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him."  ~ Hebrews 11:6

Amanda

2 comments:

  1. That turned out very nice. The only thing that I've found with the darker card stock is when you go to use the card, it is hard to see when you write inside. This stamp set is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true about the dark card stock. I usually put another piece of light paper inside to write on... I should probably mention that in the post. Thanks for your encouragement!

      Delete

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...