Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Woodlands Mountain Birthday Card...

Today's card uses only dies, paper, and adhesives...oh, and a little ink to write out the sentiment.
The background is die cut using a die cutting machine with the Stampin' Up! dies set, Outdoor Adventure. (Links to the products used are at the end of the blog post*.)




Here is the video showing how I made it...

The dimensions for making this card are as follows:
White card base - 5 1/5 x 8 1/2 (scored at 4 1/4) inches
Night of Navy background - 5 1/2 x 4 inches
scraps of white for banner and clouds
scraps of dark color and scrap of Emerald Envy for trees

So, what do you think about a card using only a die set?

Thank you for coming to Create with Me today!

"I lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. 
My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth."  
Psalm 121:1-2

Amanda

*Here are the main products used:
Outdoor Adventures Framelits Dies
Outdoor Adventure
Framelits Dies Set
$27.00

SNAIL Adhesive
Snail Adhesive
$7.00
Stampin' Dimensionals
Stampin' Dimensionals
$4.00

2016-2018 In Color Designer Series Paper Stack
2016-2018 In Color
 Designer Series Paper Stack
$22.00
Whisper White 8-1/2" x 11" Cardstock
Whisper White
Cardstock
$9.00



Night of Navy 8-1/2" x 11" Cardstock
Night of Navy Cardstock
$8.00



Added link to answer a question in the comments:
Large Letters Framelits Dies
Large Letter Framelits Dies
$99.00
There is also a Die and Stamp Bundle for the alphabet set... 
Letters for You Photopolymer Bundle
Letters For You Photopolymer Bundle
$133.00
as well as number dies and stamps...
Large Numbers Framelits Dies
Large Numbers Framelits Dies
$31.00


Number of Years Photopolymer Stamp Set
Number of Years Stamp Set
$27.00

Big Shot Die Cutting Machine information:
Big Shot
Big Shot
$110.00
   Stampin' Up! Big Shot demonstration video

Note: This video shows the multi-purpose platform as a hinged instrument with two tabs...I believe they have updated that and the new multi-purpose platform that comes with the machine is two separate pieces.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you to 'anonymous' who left a comment that alerted me to some questionable words in the automatically generated closed captioning of the video. I have turned off the closed captioning and due to the repeating of some of the wording in the comment, I have also removed the comment. Thank you again for letting me know so I could take care of the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do those die sets you use have any alphabet sets available? If so, are there a variety of fonts or just one or two? I'm interested in making my own alphabet letters for a bulletin board (regular size, not a class-room sized board). If you do have alphabets available, would their size be in proportion to a standard bulletin board? Thanks for any info you have about this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we do have a manuscript set of alphabet dies! They are about 2 inches in height. I don't own a set yet, but I am planning on getting a set soon. I think they would work nice on a regular sized bulletin board. Just scroll up to where I've added a link at the bottom of this post to easily get more information and to order them! (I also added information about numbers too.)

      Delete
  4. I was hoping your alphabet set would be around 1/2" to 1". I would be using them for our church bulletin board. If I use a lengthy verse, the 2" would take up too much space. In your demo video, you mentioned having to run it through a machine. How much does the machine cost (or does it come with the bundle)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see how 2" may be big for a small board and a lengthy verse :) We have other letters closer to the size you are looking for but those are only in stamps...and unfortunately, not in dies.
      The die cutting machine is a separate item. It is called a Big Shot and is $110.00. They are a great crafting machine! I will also add a link to it, as well as a video about it, up above so you can see find out more.

      Delete

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...